- When I was married in 2002, my parents had been married for 30 years!
- When they reach their 50 year mark, I will have been married for 20 years.
- I will have a 17 year old son
- And a 14 year old daughter
- And who knows what else...
- And here is the kicker, I will be 42 years old!
So what I realized is that 28 isn't all that bad for now. But before I know it... I will be that 42 year old. And hopefully I will still be in love and loving life with my big babies as much as I do now.

5 comments:
I'm with you there. Occasionally I begin to feel old (people that are 30+ will probably roll their eyes at that), but I'm still 17 at heart. Sadly, in 2 years, we'll be some of those 30+ers rolling our eyes at the 20-somethings saying that they feel old. Oh boy...I can't wait for the Big 3-0!
Man girl, thanks for really making me feel old! It really is so true though. Didn't we just graduate high school? I hope you had a great birthday, and I am so glad that we'll be friends when our kids are 17 and making out in one of our basements. Ha ha ha... Well hopefully it will be the 17 year olds and not the 13 year olds!
Time does fly! We need to enjoy every minute and each stage of life! We too hope we will be hanging out with you guys when we are 50 :)
Happy belated birthday- it makes me feel old reading your post. I hope time slows down so we can blink a few times before we are 42:)
I didn't know you had a birthday! Hope you had a great day. Yeah I am feeling older too, I just take joy in the fact that most of my friends are older than me!!!
Post a Comment