Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Salsa Fiesta!

I should actually refer to it as "Slave Labor!" Every year my mom gets us all together to can salsa. If you have ever had my mom's salsa it is delicious, but it is also a lot of work! This year was no different, except that LUCKILY I had to work and only had to do half the labor. Sorry sisters... I missed out on all the cutting, chopping, and best of all peeling of the tomatoes. I was there for all the cooking and bottling, and processing though.

This year we canned 250 pints. Just to give you an idea of what that looks like, here is the picture of most of them all lined up. From start to finish it was a 14 hour day!

I am glad that it is over and we get to enjoy the product of our labor for the next year. I am just happy that this is the only canning experience my mother chooses to undertake. I love you mom!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Wow that is a lot of canning. My neighbor and I are going to do that in the next couple of weeks. I hope it turns out yummy salsa all year sounds nice!

Erin said...

YUMMY!! I am a HUGE salsa fan! I will pay big bucks to have some homemade salsa :) I bet you and you sisters are beat! Canning salsa takes alot of work!

Kami said...

Man, this just makes me so thankful that we only do a little bit. I can't imagine making this much salsa! I am sure it is so yummy though!