Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We had a great Thanksgiving day this year. It was our turn to eat with the Barker clan, and there are always a ton of people there, but we had a good time. We started the morning with the men going on their annual clay pigeon shoot. The kids and I hang out at my mom's while they do this and watch the parade. This is a tradition that goes back as long as I can remember.
My mom made these cute little turkey hats for the kids to wear, they were running around like crazy in them. They loved them.
Dallin in his hat. After the shoot we headed to Bear River and had a great dinner.
Dallin got to eat at the official kid's table. He loved it.
Tayah Ruth enjoying her dinner by daddy.
Brian and his sweet Grandma Barker.

Here is our little family after stuffing our faces with yummy food! After dinner we headed back over to my mom's for dessert. I didn't get the camera out there, but we had a great time relaxing and having pie!

We have so much to be thankful for and can't even begin to count all of our blessings. I love my husband and children so much and can't imagine how life would be without them. I love my extended family as well, they are so good to us.

What a great year so far! Now bring on Christmas...

4 comments:

Morgan Greaves said...

What a fun day!!! PS you look gorgeous in that last picture!!

Kara said...

My family does the clay pigeon shooting too! I'm glad you had a fun day, those hats are so cute. Cute family picture! Hopefully I'll see you Thursday at my party.

Erin said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Your kiddos are getting so big :)

I have to agree with Morgan...you are looking like a little hottie in that last picture!

Jennifer and Jameson said...

Looks like you had a great day! I love that picture of you with your family-beautiful!