Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Valentines Day

I do realize that I am almost an entire month late on this, but I think that is how life is when you have two little ones. Always running late... but we had a great weekend.

On Saturday afternoon the kids and I headed over to Grandpa and Grandma's for some activities. Here they all are in their Valentine shirts. So cute!
Brian's mom bought this fun kit, where the kids were able to make their own candy necklaces. They were way cute, but were eaten up in no time flat.
We did some bead work and turned them into magnets. Michelle's kids love these, and do them all the time. Here is Tricia helping Tayah make her cute heart magnet.
We had a heart lunch, with a heart shaped grilled cheese, two different types of heart jello, and cheetos. A childs dream lunch!
We also played some Valentine Bingo. We finished the afternoon with decorating Valentine sugar cookies. It was so fun and I know that my kids love spending time with their cousins and Grandparents. Thanks for a fun afternoon.
That night Brian and I took the kids to Olive Garden. We went there on our first date, so it is sort of a Valentine's day tradition. It was packed, but the kids were really good.
Sunday we headed over to my parents house for dinner. After we ate my Mom had a treasure hunt for the kids. She hid heart shaped boxes with money in some and candy in others. We also played a fun game that Katie brought, called "Don't eat Cupid!" It made me laugh. Most of the kids loved it, some were a little scared.
Like I said we had a great weekend filled with the people we love the most in this world!

No comments: