Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Growing Up and Growing Old Segment: Dallin's Three!


I decided that I would do a little segment each month on either growing up or growing old, I am sure that for now there will be more growing up's than growing old's...

Yesterday, March 24th our little boy turned three. I can't believe that time has gone so fast. It seems like just yesterday he was born, and now he is so full of energy and life. He is so smart too. He understands so much and says the funniest things-- like when he is driving me crazy, he will always say "You're the one that's frustrating me!"-- I wonder where he gets it?

I also noticed that he is really starting to comprehend love. Brian and I were talking about it just the other day. It's like when he says "I love you" now it is more than just words. I can feel that he knows how important we are to him and he is to us. Recently, he said to Brian and I that he wants to be in our family forever! He will also use "I miss you" as "I love you". Sometimes he will look at me with the sweetest face and say "I miss you mommy." But I know he means "I love you." I am waiting for the day when he uses those phrases and sweet face to get out of trouble...I am sure that it isn't far off. But until then, I will eat it up, knowing that my little boy is sincere and hopefully he knows I am too when I say "I love you too, buddy." Happy Birthday Dallin-Tallin Chicken!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Happy birthday Dallin! Can you believe we have 3 year olds? Time sure does fly huh?! He is so cute!! We need to all get together soon :)

Kara said...

That is crazy that he is 3, I can't believe how fast it goes. That is what I have to tell myself when Kambri is being less than fun. I am surprised at how blonde he is. They are so cute.

Kami said...

This is such a good idea, and it's so cute when they really start to get things. My favorite is when they tell you that they love you out of the blue. So glad that we have been able to share so many good and fun memories with Dallin the last three years and hope to have so many more!

Chelle said...

What a big kid!! He is such a cute little guy! They grow up too fast! Happy Be-lated Birthday Dallin!!