Friday, December 19, 2008

Preschool Suprise!

I know that I have been a bad blogger lately. I didn't even post on Thanksgiving, and I have about 4 Christmas parties to catch up on. Maybe someday...

Anyway, about every time I pick Dallin up from preschool, and ask him what he learned, he either says "I don't know" or "it's a secret." But I have been seeing some great improvement on his letters, numbers, and he is sort of starting to spell, which makes me happy. Then, this morning when he was in the tub, all of the sudden he started saying the Pledge. He knows it word for word and his pronunciation is pretty good too. He has been hiding it from me this whole time. Come to find out they say it everyday in school.

Now the sad part, I was so excited to have him tell it to Brian when he got home from work today and when he said it. Brian told him he did an awesome job and then turned to me and said, "Oh, I already knew that he could do that." What? Why didn't you tell me??? After all, I am the mom and am supposed to know all these important things.

One other thing about preschool. On Monday Dallin's class went on a field trip to Ogden's Christmas village. Mrs. Claus was their tour guide. They had so much fun running from house to house looking at what was inside. They ended up in Santa's castle and got to sit by the fire and talk to Mrs. Claus about what they wanted for Christmas and then get a special treat. He had a blast! I, of course forgot my camera. But it was fun to see him so excited.

No comments: