Saturday, October 25, 2008

I don't think this is mild, do you?

I took Tayah in to get her 12 month well check and she got her vaccines, which includes the MMR. They told me that she could develop a mild rash up to 14 days later which is not contagious at all. Well it has been 10 days and she woke up this morning with a slight rash. I took her to my little sister's house and went to a baby shower. When I picked her up the rash had gotten worse and a few hours later it was even more red and scary looking. So we went to Nowcare and the Doctor said that it is a reaction to the shot. However, it is one of the strongest reactions she has ever seen. My poor girl! From what they told me at the Dr. and from what I got off google, it should go away within a few days. She has no fever and is acting pretty normal.

I left a message for her regular pediatrician and I am going to talk with him on Monday to see what he thinks. I don't remember Dallin having any reaction at all, so this is pretty major to me.

She looks sad in this last picture, but really hasn't been. I just thought I would let you all see my spotted little girl! Let me know if you have ever seen this in your kids or heard about...

7 comments:

Kara said...

How sad is that! I would have freaked out too. Kambri actually got a strain of chicken pox from the chicken pox vaccine. She looked like that and it freaked me out! I hope she gets better soon:)

Kami said...

Poor, poor girl! Breaks my heart to see her like that. Hopefully it's short! People are going to freak when you take her to church tomorrow.. ha ha. They are going to think you are infecting them all! I pray poor little Ridge doesn't get it too!

Chelle said...

Lis, that's awful!! I've never seen a rash like that from an immunization. So sad. I'm glad she's happy otherwise. It sure looks uncomfortable!

Kristyn said...

YIKES! Mialee had a rash like that when she was just a couple months old, and they diagnosed it as "impetigo", though I'm not completely sold that that is what it was. It cleared up, so that is the important part. I hope Tayah's clears up soon.

Erin said...

Poor little thing!! I hope she gets feeling better SOON! Keep us posted on how she is doing!

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. I hate when things like that happen when you think you are doing the right thing. Hope she is feeling better. It looks so painful and miserable. At least she is happy

Corinne said...

Oh my goodness. my kids never got a rash but when Jensen got his shots for Kindergarten his entire arm swelled up and was red and hot.It scared me to death- but then it went away. hopefully it's a one time occurrence and won't happen again. poor thing.